- Proactively promote and lead activities to contribute to the adoption of company values in action and positive culture, both in the workplace and on the field
- Deliver end-to-end internal employee engagement plans and campaigns to inspire and engage employees so that employees are engaged and informed no matter where they are based - build and foster relationships across functions and locations
- Measure and monitor employee engagement levels through the Employee Engagement Survey, making recommendations based on data and insights to enhance the employee experience.
- Provide employee relations and communication channels to employees at all levels from c-suite to entry level, HQ staff versus field staff
- Participation in the creation of HR content on our mobile learning application platform
- Work with the P&C Manager to develop, execute, and evaluate an in-country internal communications plan ensuring that business goals, initiatives and organisational/people news are communicated regularly and effectively
- Plan, organize and execute the company's internal events and social calendar (off-sites, team building events, in-office events, sporting events, holiday party, etc.) for HQ and field teams
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and management of comprehensive and effective Recognition Programs to ensure employee motivation, engagement and retention of talent
- Ensure the company's reward, benefit and welfare policy/practices are in compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements and group policies.
- Manage recruitment processes: Collect recruitment requests; Publish job offers; Assist in developing Job Descriptions; Analyze and sort CVs; Liaise with shortlisted candidates; interviews & tests; Conduct background and reference checks for new hires
- Create, implement and update the company's recruiting procedures (e.g. job application, sourcing methods etc.) to ensure fit for purpose - ensure this is documented and the supporting documents for the process designed and utilised
- Keep track of recruiting metrics (e.g. time-to-hire and cost-per-hire) and other metrics
- Network with other employers and employees within the sector (conferences, job fairs, RE networks, HR networks, etc)
- Advise staff on interviewing techniques
- Recommend ways to improve the brand and position it as the preferred employer
- Contribute to forecasting future hiring needs
- Monitor company indicators relating to social data (age pyramid, gender, ethnicity, etc.) and share with the leadership as well as people operations for hiring purposes
Onboarding / Exit management
- Design and continuously improve onboarding/exit program
- Ensure orientation/onboarding materials for new staff orientation are updated to carry out orientations effectively.
- Organize and execute the entire orientation/exit programs
- Ensure all paperwork related to new hires, including contracts and non-disclosure agreements, ID cards, and other statutory documents are obtained and filed/scanned and saved in Odoo
- Create and continuously update employee handbook
- Obtain feedback from the new hire on the onboarding process
- Ensure probation period interviews are conducted and documented
- Ensure the employee's final entitlements are accurately computed and paid at the completion of the handover process.
- Ensure a proper handover document is prepared and discussed with the employee’s supervisor
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience, in challenging/startup environments.
- HR management: knowledge of HR management, strong experience in employee engagement would be a plus
- Legal knowledge: basic knowledge of the labor code in Nigeria
- Results-oriented mindset: enthusiasm for learning and continuous improvement of existing systems
- Intercultural skills: good collaboration with colleagues from various backgrounds and cultures
- Solid training: at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
- Languages: English ( French would be a plus)
- Human Resource Information System: previous HRIS use would be a plus
- Soft Skills: Strong work ethics, good communication, interpersonal and relational skills. Emotional Intelligence and a great attitude to work.
Remuneration: NGN 275,000 - 330,000