- Consulting with the Executive Chef and other Chefs to plan menus.
- Executing pastry orders for catered events and accommodating special requests.
- Demonstrating skill in baking pastries, desserts, cakes, cookies, sweets, and pies.
- Creating enticing confectionery decorations and delicious pastry fillings, as well as keeping abreast of new pastry baking techniques.
- Applying classic pastry baking techniques when preparing traditional pastries.
- Adding novel, creative, and delicious pastry items to the existing selection.
- Maintaining the good running order of specialized pastry baking equipment.
- Preparing work schedules and keeping pastry section records.
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree in Baking and Pastry Arts, or similar preferred.
- Post-secondary vocational training at a culinary institution would be advantageous.
- 2 or more years of experience as a Pastry Cook, Baker, or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of traditional pastry baking techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of food industry regulations.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.