▪ Prepare a wide variety of food such as cakes, cookies, pie, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
▪ Create new and exciting desserts to renew menu and engage the interest of customers.
Detailed Roles & Responsibilities
▪ Manage And Provide Efficient, Prompt, Trouble-free, Courteous and quality Kitchen Service.
▪ Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as Flour, sugar, etc. And make appropriate orders within the budget.
▪ Check quality of material and condition used for cooking.
▪ Guide and motivate Pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently.
▪ Maintain a clean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
▪ Must have in depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking
techniques and nutrition.
▪ Must have great attention to detail and creativity.
▪ Ensure pastries and cakes are appealing to customer sight and taste.
▪ Must be willing to replenish professional knowledge.
▪ Must have proven experience as Pastry Chef, or Baker.
Security, Health And Safety
▪ Ensures that ingredients quality meets state standards.
▪ Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy.
▪ Notifies the Executive Chef, Food and beverage Manager regarding lost and found objects, and equipment Mal Function.
▪ Reports all potential and real hazards appropriately.
▪ Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
▪ Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
▪ Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
▪ Supports a safe hotel by applying hotel regulations, and adhering to existing laws and regulations.
▪ Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
▪ Responsible Business: show involvement and be interested in environmental and/or social issues by participating in Responsible Business hotel and departmental activities.
▪ Stays current with activities in the hotel by reviewing the communication log book each shift; updates log book for next shift.
▪ Attend meetings and training required by the General Manager, Executive Chef,
Food and Beverage Manager.
▪ Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests.
▪ Continuously seeks to endeavor professionalism in own job function. Knows:
▪ Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures.
▪ Hotel health and safety policies and procedures.
▪ Hotel facilities and nearby sights of interest and importance (i.e. hospitals, stations, tourist sights).
▪ Hotel and corporate marketing and promotional programs.
▪ Corporate clients and clients generating high business volume.
▪ Union agreements.
Key Performance Indicators
▪ 90% customer satisfaction;
▪ Smooth running of operations that exhibit proper planning, time management and efficient resource allocation;
Working knowledge, skills, competencies and attributes
▪ Excellent oral communication skills;
▪ Attention to detail and good organizational skills;
▪ Leadership qualities and Relationship Management;
▪ Interpersonal skills;
▪ Conflict management and resolution;
Qualifications and Experience:
▪ Working experience within the hospitality sector will be an added advantage.
▪ A Culinary degree will be an advantage.
▪ A university degree from social sciences or any other relevant field.
▪ 30 Years
▪ Equal Opportunity