- Everyone has ideas for making the world a better place – Impact Hub is a place to make them happen. With 100+ open Impact Hubs, more than 17,000 members around the world and a combined global team of over 1000 makers, we have created a collaborative ecosystem that inspires, connects and enables people across the world to sustainably impact society. Started in 2005 with just a single Impact Hub, we have now become a tightly connected network spanning the globe. Impact Hub is about people who see and do things differently. We invite you to join us! As part of this evolution, we are now looking for an exceptional individual to join us as Partnerships Lead.
- This is an exciting and unique opportunity to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the context of post-COVID economic recovery. The Partnerships Lead will be responsible for Leveraging synergies between Impact Hub, program participants and partners such as international foundations, corporates, civic organizations, governments, among others with the goal to support entrepreneurs in countries where little or no support is available, scale proven entrepreneurial solutions and ultimately to help build a stronger and collaborative ecosystem for impact.
- This role will be delivered in the context of a Solution Booster Innovation Program funded by GIZ & BMZ in Ghana and Nigeria and will be expected to liaise with, cultivate good working relationships, and host the framework of collaboration with the various program participants, GIZ/BMZ representatives, IH local staff and other stakeholders while implementing the program.
- Building a pipeline of selected local partnerships to leverage access to capital, business support and piloting and implementation opportunities for local Impact Hubs and program participants.
- Local market research & analysis, including research of potential partners in key sectors and markets of focus and around key conferences and networking opportunities.
- Development of proposals for potential partners based on C19 Solution Booster portfolio of startups and services with a primary focus on corporate partners and foundations
- Development of presentations & sales materials to profile Impact Hub, the C19 solutions booster program and its participants.
- Coordinating delivery of regular reports of key partnership projects.
- Providing support and participating in regular touchpoints with program participants to support their partnership and investment readiness.
- Local pipeline management and analysis in each stage of the sales process (prospecting, development, contract negotiations, delivery)
- Main collaboration with and direct report to Global Partnerships Lead, including regular meetings with other local and global partnership managers.
Why do it?
- To support, advance and shape innovation processes in the COVID economic recovery context.
- To shape and support Impact Hub in the development and management of key global partnerships
- To work in a highly entrepreneurial, dynamic and flexible global environment with lots of room for autonomy and self-expression.
- To get the chance to work alongside highly committed pioneers in building a global movement for impact and innovation.
- To be part of a steadily growing network of 1,000+ Makers and 16,000+ members of Impact Hub around the world.
- To have an opportunity to learn, to develop personally and professionally, and evolve your Role as a part of the Business Development Team
Are we a match?
- You have relevant work experience in several of the following areas: Business Development, Fundraising, Sales, Account Management and you have demonstrated an ability to develop lasting business relationships with organizations.
- You are passionate about and immersed into relevant topics, developments and conversations in the field of social impact, social entrepreneurship and innovation.
- You have a natural interest in working with entrepreneurs, key partners and stakeholders.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator in English.
- You have a talent for succinctly capturing thoughts, understanding the needs of potential partners and expressing them in creative ways within written proposals and verbal pitches.
- You can easily switch from macro to micro; from understanding the strategic value and business dynamics of an organization’s product or service, to caring about visual designs at a pixel or message level.
- You have a natural eye for detail and clean design when developing proposals and sales materials and have excellent user skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- You have good analytical skills – both when working with numeric as well as textual information.
- You are comfortable communicating with key stakeholders and able to work collaboratively within multidisciplinary and distributed teams.
- You are open-minded, self-reliant, and excited about being part of a diverse, fast-paced, global start-up environment.
- You are able to demonstrate key components of the Impact Hub approach: entrepreneurship, collaboration, innovation and exceptional execution ability.
- You are a dynamic thinker, agile collaborator and capable of adapting to new people and new situations fairly quickly.
- You have experience building partnerships and fundraising in the start-up/innovation ecosystem.
- Role: Partnerships Lead
- Position: Full Time 8-months
- Team Engagement: Impact Hub Contractor/Consultant
- Key Liaisons: Programmes and Partnerships Operations Manager (Global); CEO,
- Communications Lead, Innovation Lead (Local)
- Location: Lagos
- Remuneration: Competitive
- The contractor will be responsible for paying their VAT and other local taxes applicable.
- Contract: 8 months with 3 months’ probation period.
- Upon initial screening, additional interviews will be conducted.
- Starting date for the position: 14th of September
- Application deadline: 10th of September 2020