The EMEA Partnerships Solutions team works to transform Google’s relationships with our most strategic and influential partners in EMEA. We work across all Google business and product areas with the goals of growing business, building trust, and deepening relationships in the industries in which we operate. As a Partner Manager, you will work closely with Google teams across the company and help in building partnerships across the music and culture ecosystems. In this this role, you will engage alongside the creative industries to execute on the agreed approaches leveraging existing resources and executing on projects and initiatives that span multiple functions and teams (e.g., Partnerships, Policy PR, Sales, Marketing, Product). Google’s Global Partnerships team powers extraordinary user experiences through partnerships that solve users’ needs, advance our partners’ goals, and further Google’s mission. Our team provides meaningful solutions — from helping publishers and developers grow their businesses through monetization solutions, to helping our long-term partners anticipate and navigate change in a way that delivers economic and reputational value. We build and distribute products through partnerships across a multitude of product areas, including Ads, Search & Assistant, Geo, Platforms & Ecosystems, Devices & Services, Health, Retail, Payments, Next Billion Users, and more. We collaborate across Google, ensuring a coordinated approach when engaging with our most complex and strategic partners.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:6 years
- Find, scope, and directly lead strategic initiatives (e.g., industry strategy alignment, cross-functional joint business plans, key industry initiatives/programs, ecosystem engagement projects).
- Identify key external challenges faced by partners in the music and news industries and work to adapt the Global and EU strategies in these markets and design/propose solutions to remedy challenges.
- Be a key contributor to the Music cross-functional team, including working directly with key industry associations, representing Google at industry events, and ensuring we are solving the industry challenges.
- Coordinate as needed with Google’s business organizations (up to VPs): Partnerships, YouTube, Policy, Sales, Marketing, and other Google entities involved in the ecosystem, as needed
- Incubate transformative/innovative ideas and rally cross-functional teams towards opportunities and represent Google externally at relevant industry events.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building partnerships and working with partners
- Experience in the music industry across Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA), with external relationships
- Knowledge of Google Product Areas that relate to Music and established relationships with the Product and Business Development teams that lead these functions
- Ability to work with ambiguity, solve complex problems, and scale effectively across a large and highly distributed organization
- Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business acumen
- Demonstrable program management skills and solid experience executing complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Solid emotional intelligence that enables close working relationships with key leaders internally and externally