- To manage and remain in overall control of the management of some departments of the firm (and each office) within it as an operational basis.
- To ensure that the Partners and Fee Earners are effective in the delivery of the Firm’s services to its clients and do so profitably.
- Establishing organizational strategies of the firm through strategic thinking and direction.
- Negotiate and prepare legal client contracts.
- Prepare documentation, transactional and global network management issues.
- Review and analyze court cases and trial court documents under the project lead’s supervision.
- Establishing operational strategies of the firm.
- Establishing financial strategies.
- Generating revenue through client management.
- Increasing revenue through new and additional services and developing cost-benefit analysis.
- Maintain the stability of the law firm.
- Preventing and managing conflict.
- Enhancing the firm’s reputation by setting an example regarding ethics, morals, legal and professionalism and reaffirming this throughout the organisation.
- Creating and establishing human resources strategies by determining the structure of the firm.
Must have at least 10 years of experience post-call or above with considerate experience in court work and transactions/corporate practice.
Must have an analytical approach to help to come to the best legal solutions for cases and transactions being handled.
Must have a degree in Law from a recognized University with a minimum of a Second Class at both the University and Law school.
Must have a good track record as a rainmaker or in business development related matters.
A high level of ability with regards to client and customer care and management.
High level of competence in business development and introduction of new business.
Verbal and written communication.
Financing planning and strategy.
Outstanding management ability.
Strategic thinking for the long term.
Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently.
Problem-solving and decision making.
Extensive work experience in the legal environment.