Our client is a premier clinic and hospital established in 1965 to provide ophthalmologic care in Nigeria.
The Ophthalmic Nurse works directly with Surgeons and hospital staff to assist
with Ophthalmology procedures, administer medications,
prepare and assist with surgeries and educate patients. They provide optimum care to patients before, during,
and after surgery which includes assessment, preparation, intervention, and
evaluation while maintaining patient privacy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing practice
· Provide pre and post-operative care to patients
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patient/family regarding disease process and symptom management
· Educate patients and their families on the care and home treatment of eye disorders and diseases
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information
- Consults with Doctors as required to ensure optimal patient outcomes
- Assists with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to patient care
- Keep commitments
and keep direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and
- Advocate and assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where patients feel comfortable
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations
· Protects confidentiality of patient's Personal Health Information
· Assures accuracy of patient charges and directs patients appropriately with billing-related issues or pre-certification needs.
· Follows work attendance policies; maintains consistent attendance with no unexcused absence
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies
· Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Required
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum 1 year experience as an Ophthalmic Nurse or interest in the field
· Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
· Membership in a professional nursing organization desired
- Substantial knowledge of basic eye care and ophthalmic nursing procedures
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
· Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to explain procedures and treatments to patients.
· Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs
· Patient-focused approach
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Flexible, team player, and critical thinker
NOTE: Ideal candidate will reside within the Surulere axis.