- Maintain furnace equipment which is used for the burning of waste and refuse by performing routine maintenance tasks, identifying faults, and performing repairs.
- Monitor the procedures involved in the incineration of waste and potential energy recovery from the process, to ensure that it is compliant with health, safety and environmental regulations as well as to ensure efficiency and proper functioning of the incineration equipment.
- Implement and monitor company procedures for the collection, transport and disposal of waste, in compliance with all regulations and legal requirements.
- Calibrate the furnace used in the burning of waste materials and the potential recovery of energy from incineration processes, by measuring the operation settings such as temperature and pressure, and changing them to the required settings to ensure efficient and safe operations.
- Communicate relevant information about the conditions in the workplace, progress, events, and potential problems to the workers in the next shift
- Measure temperature of product to determine necessity for adjusting furnace temperature or timing cycle, using thermal instruments and charts.
- Operate a type of furnace which is used for the burning of waste, and which may facilitate energy recovery, compliant with regulations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably a literate person, who can take instructions in English.
- Technical degree like any vocational training,
- OND/HND would be an added advantage
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience on surface grinders and Cold saw blade grinding
- Hands on experience is essential
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (CVs, Cover Letter and Credentials) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.