- Working with the chefs to devise and implement a clear and documented production process, including recipes and portioning for each item on the menu
- Coordination of shifts and rotas for their staff to ensure that there are enough members of the team working to cover all open hours.
- Responsible for supervising preparation and cooking areas and checking that all hygiene standards are met.
- Ensuring that the restaurant is clean and always has a safe and welcoming ambience.
- Assign and oversee duties to make sure that all tasks are done to the appropriate standard by closing time.
- Ensuring that the restaurant equipment is efficiently utilized, effectively maintained, and safeguarded
- Verify temperatures, judge the appearance and taste of products, and check preparation methods to determine quality.
Finance and Procurement:
- Estimating the unit costs of each item on the menu with a view to establishing profitability per item working with the Store and Events manager
- Controlling and optimizing the efficiency of operational costs, including portion control and quantities.
- Devising an efficient and effective procurement process, observing the approved re-order levels, and liaising with vendors accordingly
- Creating an effective process for issuing out production items to staff members
- Support the training and development of members of staff by facilitating training programs and on-the-job learning experiences
Proposed Salary: NGN 60,000 - 70,000