Duties & Responsibilities:
▪ Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
▪ Fill in where needed to ensure high service standards and efficient operations.
▪ Ensure that all customers feel welcome and are given prompt, responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
▪ Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
▪ Regularly review product quality and suggest improvement
▪ Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
▪ Ensure that all raw materials are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures. ▪ Estimate future needs for raw materials, kitchen utensils/equipment; plan production to ensure constant availability of products for sales
▪ Responsible for the restaurant sales revenue and profitability
▪ Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
▪ Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
▪ Ensuring that the restaurant ambience is of high standard at all times for customers and employee
▪ Achieve company objectives in cleanliness and sanitation, appearance of facility, through training/supervision of employees and by creating a positive, productive working environment.
▪ Organize and supervise shifts; schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed as and when needed.
▪ Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity. ▪ Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices ▪ Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and
consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures
▪ Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, and local government regulations that pertain to health and safety of the restaurant, employees and customers.
▪ Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection.
▪ Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
▪ Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events ▪ Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads) ▪ Develop, plan and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
▪ Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
▪ Between 30 to 35 years of age.
▪ HND or B.Sc in relevant field; hospitality management or culinary schooling is a plus ▪ Have extensive food & beverage (F&B) knowledge.
▪ Proven customer service experience, generally involving at least three years of front-of the-house operations and/or assistant management or supervisory positions.
▪ Possess excellent basic math skills as well as acute financial management skills ▪ Able to operate a cash register or POS system.
▪ Be able to understand and communicate fluently in English language. ▪ Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours). ▪ Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 20kg
▪ Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
▪ Excellent customer service skills
▪ Commercial awareness
▪ Good interpersonal skills
▪ Problem-solving skills
▪ Organizational skills
▪ Teamwork, motivational, leadership & people skills