The specific duties of an Operations Manager include formulating strategy, improving performance, procuring material and resources and securing compliance. You should be ready to mentor your team members, find ways to increase quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels.
- Managing stock control and inventory checks.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment
- Provide inspired leadership for the organization.
- Ensuring that the different departments prepare status report by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information.
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way.
- Develop a training program and training matrix to support demand forecasts.
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping.
- Supervision Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of the various departments in the organization, including work schedules.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the Top Management to determine values and mission, and plan for short and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Establishing and maintaining effective professional working relationships with co- workers and every level of management.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Degree/Diploma in Operation management, Business, Finance or related field
- Qualification in Food/Operations/Production/Operations.
- 10 - 15 years working experience
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
You’ll need to have:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Understanding of policy, planning, and strategy.
- Ability to develop, implement and review policies and procedures.
- Ability to address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Ability to build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Strong analytical, organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Good leadership skills, including delegation, time management, and prioritization of tasks.
- Creativity and innovation, because you’ll be expected to develop new ideas and concepts.
- Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, inventory management, S&OP.