This position is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the customs clearing and delivery activities of the Terminal. This role directly supervises multiple personnel to maximize productivity.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Manage, control, and supervise the activities of the Clearing and Forwarding operations staff
- Monitor payments of debit notes (shipping and terminal)
- Deal with customs queries that the clearing staff cannot resolve same. Report daily activities.
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in the clearing process.
- Agree on costs and disbursements to carry out clearing.
- Interacts with clients to advise on customs procedures and processes where required to.
- Academic qualification of either an HND or BSc in Business Administration or Related shipping professional qualifications.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of experience in a shipping/ clearing and forwarding company and also holds a managerial position.
- Proficiency in computer use and multimedia applications.
- Strong initiative and leadership skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving business and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent knowledge of the Customs and Excise HS Code and Explanatory notes and ability to handle Inspection Agents, Banks, Shipping Companies and Terminals.
- Must be driven and ready to work 24/7 in accordance with the port operations timeline.
Remuneration: The remuneration package attached to this position is attractive, within industry standards and negotiable.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.