Ibioju The Good Body Center is a premier beauty spa in Port Harcourt. For 5 years it has provided top services in spa, salon and gym to discerning clients from all over the region. We are known for our talented beauticians and our attention to detail. A recent expansion drives the need for a qualified and driven Operations Manager to help manifest the vision. Ibioju is on the way to becoming the number one choice for all health and beauty goals.
The OM is there to ensure that all the business activities happen according to procedure, and to fix whatever issues arise to cause variation from procedure. Success in this position looks like a well-run salon and spa with everyone carrying out their duties and clients receiving up-to-standard service. This role fits into the company by being the determining factor in the strength and survival of the business. Done well, the OM will ensure that the clients return and that growth happens as a result.
Responsibilities and Duties
The OM will be responsible for overseeing and managing the following areas. Although there will be additional staff addressing each of these areas, the OM holds ultimate responsibility.
- Standards - establish and enforce a minimum standard for all processes
- User Experience - design the ultimate user experience for each section of the business and ensure every client receives this experience
- Client Management - monitor client activities with a plan to address negative trends and promote positive engagement
- Business Readiness - ensure that at all times the business has what it needs to maintain its minimum standard and achieve the user-experience
- Finances - create and manage a budget that enables smooth operations; manage expenses and maintain clear records
- Communication - maintain adequate communication streams both within the business and between the clients
This role will be given a lot of authority therefore emphasis will be placed on the following qualifications.
Education Level - Minimum Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business Admin, Marketing or Engineering
Experience - minimum 5 years active work experiencein the following areas: Beauty, Small Business, Own Business; Large Organization
- Management role at least 2 years (evidence of running a team)
- Finance role (handling of budget, expenses etc.)
Specific Skills - Computer Literacy, Strong Writing Skills, Ability to Teach, Problem Solving, Creativity, Work Well Under Pressure
Personal Characteristics - Strong and Confident, Takes Responsibility, Self-Governing/Self Directing, Problem Solver, Not Dramatic
Other - Any certifications welcome