- Design and implement operational layout, mode including equipment configuration and specifications, plans and policies to optimize capacity and maximize asset utilization and improved productivity.
- Report to COO/OM to gather customer and competitor information and explore ways to increase revenue/grow the volume.
- Identifying possible business expansion opportunities and assisting in gathering and analyzing information, as directed and guided by COO/OM.
- Develop and cultivate good working relationships with key customers to promote excellent service and customer satisfaction.
- Assist COO/OM in determining operational targets, including productivity, cost, safety and efficiency targets.
- Ensure operational targets are met, in consultation with COO/OM.
- Work with the different business unit managers, including those from non-terminal businesses, to establish and integrate operations processes across all units, with the aim of maximizing economies of scale and extracting synergies arising.
- Update COO/OM regularly on operational performance, relevant issues and analyses.
- Work with COO/OM to set clear expectations/directions for future size and nature of operations in the company in alignment with the group objectives, including setting capacity and operational efficiency objectives and strategies in alignment with the terminal’s objectives/targets.
- Oversee and ensure that security, contingency and crisis management plans are in place and sufficient for the company.
- Collaborate with OM to champion safety programmes to ensure a safe and conducive work environment.
- Develop blueprint for manpower and or capabilities required for business unit to achieve long range capacity and operational efficiency objectives.
- Ship Operations To co-ordinate with CMAT ship operations functions and monitor progress with the intention of meeting section targets with regards to vessel and equipment productivity
- Gate and Documentation Room Operations: To liase with CMAT Gate and Documentation Supervisors to ensure smooth document and physical flow of import and export containers
- Logistics: To provide to Logistics Supervisor with manpower demands on a shift basis to manage changes to dynamic manpower needs for next shifts
- Revenue Checks: To monitor physical stuffing and unstuffing activities taking place and at end of shift counter-check if these activities had been captured by CFS and Export Yard Checkers
- Safety Management: To conduct safety checks assisted by respective Operations Supervisors / Safety Officer and To investigate together with EHS unit causes of accidents and recommend preventive actions
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field. Masters degree will be a plus.
Proven 5+ years container terminal working experience as Port Operations Manager, Senior Operations executive or a relevant role
Strong and Convincing personality, with a sense of urgency & drive
Good knowledge of Nigeria’s port and maritime operations
Proficiency in MS Office and PowerPoint
Proficiency in English
Excellent Communication, Presentation and Negotiation skills required
Ability to build rapport