- Their core is the export of Lead Plates. They are looking for a highly motivated and proactive individual to be an Operations Coordinator.
A summary of the role includes;
- To provide general oversite and coordinate the day to day activities of the company particularly its operations
- Meet and exceed our production and operations targets
- Coordinating the day to day operations of the company includes but is not limited to the following
- Provide overall coordination for all operations of the company and in the factory that will include
- Purchase of raw materials and general inventory management
- Manage the loading and offloading of containers and other cargo
- Project Management for various projects the company will be involved in
- Lead a team of Operations Assistants and Supervisors (they will directly report to the job holder) who are responsible for executing given tasks
- Manage the Labourers and other labour requirements of the company.
- Manage the suppliers and ensure proper quality control
- Ensure all processes and procedures are duly adhered to
- Work with the team to ensure the timely delivery of all deliverables
- Provide detailed operations reports and updates
- Any other duties which may be reasonably required from time to time and which are commensurate with the post.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Meeting and exceeding the following targets
- Minimum monthly loading - 12 containers or 360MT of Lead Plates monthly
- Quality Control – Ensuring less than 1% impurities
- Effectively managing staff and ensuring they get their jobs done
- Ensuring all tasks are completed within agreed timelines
- Ensuring company SOPs and HSE policies are adhered to
- Must be proactive – be able to anticipate solutions to problems
- Must be task-oriented and solutions-driven – resolve issues before or as soon as they occur
- Must be a practical project manager and manage resources efficiently
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience preferably in a similar role.
- Must have good people and team management skills
The following competencies are essential;
- Proven experience in practical Project Management
- Experience as an Operations team lead (5 years min)
- Experience in supplier and people management
- Experience of effectively, developing and motivating a team of people.
- Experience of handling and reporting operations information
- Problem Solving Skills
- Prior work experience in a factory/operations environment