1) Prepare and deliver news, sports, and/or weather reports, gathering and rewriting material so that it will convey required information and fit specific time slots.
2) Read news flashes to inform audiences of important events.
3) Identify stations, and introduce or close shows, using memorized or read scripts, and/or ad-libs.
4) Select program content, in conjunction with producers and assistants, based on factors such as program specialties, audience tastes, or requests from the public.
5) Study background information in order to prepare for programs or interviews.
6) Comment on music and other matters, such as weather or traffic conditions.
7) Interview show guests about their lives, their work, or topics of current interest.
8) Discuss various topics over the telephone with viewers or listeners.