· The OIM assumes complete authority where the safety of the crew and vessel is concerned. Authority is delegated to competent personnel as appropriate.
· Promote safety awareness and broad application of Management System, codes of practice and prime policies.
· Ensure effective document control in accordance with Management System requirements.
· Ensure timely and effective close-out of survey and audit action items.
· Ensure change-management procedures are appropriately applied.
· Ensure timely, effective reporting and investigation of all accidents & incidents.
· Manage the operation of the FPSO through departmental Superintendents.
· Liaise effectively with all relevant onshore and offshore departments.
· Promote career development and training with due regard for all assessments ensuring fairness & accuracy.
· Organize planning and scheduling of works/activities
· Ensure compliance with class, flag and port state requirements.
· Maintain good working relationship with client offshore.
· Demonstrate awareness of key issues relating to client and sub-contractors.
· Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of potential emergency scenarios.
· Manage emergency response with due regard for safety of personnel, FPSO and environment.
· Proven experience and results-oriented career and degree in appropriate engineering subject.
· Appropriate period as OIM (10 years minimum) plus appropriate period as acting/deputy OIM.
· Offshore Personnel Survival, management of major emergencies, OIM Controlling Emergencies.
· Extensive knowledge of offshore FPSO operations, including Production, Maintenance, Engineering and Safety Management.
· High level of commercial awareness.
Personal Skills: Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
Leadership Skills: Exemplary safety and managerial leadership skills. Good levels of written and spoken communication in English language. Clear understanding of behavioral and logistical personnel issues.
Technical Skills: Appropriate standard of technical, legal and professional knowledge as defined by competences.
IT Skills: Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package. Operation and use of internet and electronic system.