HSEQ Roles and Responsibilities
• Reinforce and strengthen the HSE culture at every opportunity in operations and projects.
• Promote correct HSE behaviors through personal example.
• Act upon any Health, Safety and Environmental matter brought to their notice, and report to the Subsea Manager on any matter which they are unable to rectify.
• Be accountable for communicating HSE objectives and maintaining the performance management program for all employees.
• Maintain responsibility and accountability for HSE through active supervision.
• Ensure that the workforce under their control are adequately trained, competent and authorized for the operations which they are required to perform, and kept informed of all relevant information to ensure their health and safety.
• Carry out appropriate induction training.
• Consider Health, Safety and Environmental performance during appraisals and assessments.
• Set HSE Objectives on work locations.
• Maintain awareness of Sub-Contractor activities, interfaces and the associated risks.
• Ensure a safe working environment for employees under their control.
• Assist in all safety inspections to ensure that the workplace is maintained in a safe and tidy condition.
• Ensure that as far as is reasonably practicable that the work place is kept free of potential hazards.
• Ensure that risk assessments are carried out.
• Evaluate processes and activities for the presence of hazards.
• Assess, record and control the subsequent risk to a tolerable level.
• Identify HSE resource requirements.
• Conform with the emergency procedures applicable to their place of work.
• Ensure that the workforce is aware of, and understands, the emergency procedures.
• Facilitate effective two-way communication with the workforce on HSE issues.
• Conduct Toolbox Talks and Pre- Job Safety Meetings.
• Attend HSE Meetings and ensure workforce participation.
• Remain aware of the relevant HSE legislation relevant to their operations.
• Ensure all safety devices provided are utilised and maintained, protective equipment is worn, safety rules are observed and safe working practices applied.
• Ensure correct equipment usage, inspection and effective maintenance.
• Report and investigate all accidents and dangerous occurrences, including environmental incidents in the area of responsibility.
• Take action in accordance with the Company disciplinary procedures for those who are negligent in failing to follow established safety and environmental procedures or misuse equipment provided for their health and safety.
• Ensure that operations are conducted in compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation and Company policy, plans and procedures.
• Ensure workers under their control are kept informed of all relevant information to ensure their Health and Safety, and the protection of the Environment.
• Communicate HSE report and audit information to staff.
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
• Liaison between Offshore vessel manager, ROV crew and other workgroups on vessel.
• Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the ROV system and assigned personnel to conduct the operations detailed in the Project Execution plan.
• Supervision of the ROV/Subsea related planned maintenance system / schedule and the updating of preventive maintenance records.
• Supervise emergency and running repairs of the ROV system and ancillary equipment.
• Inventory control of the system spares and consumables. Raise purchase requisitions to maintain the spares inventory at the correct level.
• Attend site project planning and briefing meetings.
• Participate in Technical/Operational reviews in preparation for the execution of customer operations.
• Guide and mentor crew to become more efficient in Node handling ROV tasks and standardized operations.
• Provide Subsea Support to other departments within the company.
• Proactively pursues the attainment of new technical training and skills to advance and update knowledge and competence.
• Champions Quality/HSE values and culture in all on/offshore environments. Responsible for the reporting of Non-conformances according to Global and Regional requirements
• Occasionally trips offshore to review onsite ROV Operations to ensure safe and efficient execution of task plans.
• Lead or participate in audits of ROV service companies, Tooling providers and ROV vessels.
• Report any improvements in procedures and equipment maintenance activities.
• Planning and overseeing ROV system Mob/De-mob and engaging suitable installation contractors.
• Assures all Subsea equipment, service tooling and spare parts are on location and ready to use by performing inventories and function-fit tasks prior to beginning each job.
• Ensure that items shipped from offshore location for repair, warranty, or demobilization are accompanied by the correct paperwork.
• Assists with the development of procedural requirements for current and future jobs that may have a Subsea element.
• Bachelor’s level degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering with minimum of 7 years in the ROV industry and experience as a Superintendent or an equivalent leadership role in an ROV service company.
• Offshore Medical, Survival Certifications and Seaman’s Book.
• Recognized as having a specialized depth or breadth of expertise within Mechanical / Hydraulic or Electrical / Electronic disciplines as utilized on ROV systems.
• Competent in use of AutoCAD is mandatory and experience with Solid modeling tools like Inventor or Solid works is an advantage.
• Strong computer proficiency within applicable software applications in related field. IT experience is desirable.
• Ability to analyze trends and deviation of standards and implement creative, unique, cross-functional solutions (ROV / Subsea production hardware).
• Ability to understand, troubleshoot, explain and teach others about technical tools and instruments required to perform duties
As directed by Senior Manager, Subsea Division
• Performance driven
• Determination to achieve objectives.
• Able to work in fast-paced environment; multi-tasking
• Able to give and receive constructive feedback
• Strong communicator within diverse cultural environments