· The Officer, Internal Control is responsible for executing and reporting on operational, financial and compliance related audits/reviews of the company.
· The role will also provide advice on internal control to the organization, including responding to questions on risk management techniques.
· The incumbent will continuously assess the operating effectiveness of established business control policies, processes and procedures and communicates identified weakness to the CEO and/or the Consultant with appropriate improvement solutions.
Key Result Areas
1. Recommends the most appropriate financial actions by analyzing pricing options
2 .Carries out market surveys to verify cost of purchased items.
3. Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business controls.
4. Ensure presence on company’s work sites to confirm that the right quantity of supplies are made
5. Carrying out spot checks of the company assets (in all sites) for completeness and accuracy in line with the company’s assets register
6. Provide advisory services to improve efficiency, effectiveness and utilization of company assets.
7. Ensuring that the company’s assets are properly safeguarded
8. Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
9. Performs any other tasks as assigned by the CEO
• Knowledge of accounting and internal control/standards and familiarity with various computer systems and applications.
• Ability to exercise discretion, tactfully handle sensitive and confidential data and complete assignments in a timely manner.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently and meet targets at short notice.
• Strong time management/organizational skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Accounting. Additional qualification could be an advantage
2. Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience, preferably in the Audit and Control Department of an oil servicing/construction company
3. Not more than 30 years of age as at the December 31st, 2020