Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep the main offices and any adjoining building clean at all times.
- Sweep and mope the floors, clean walls and windows to ensure cleanliness in the office before the resumption time.
- Ensure trash bins are emptied at least three times a daily.
- Make simple security measures such as locking doors and closing windows
- Continuous Monitoring of the cleanliness of facilities and equipment
- Inform your supervisor for the need of extensive repairs in the office.
- Clean and disinfects restrooms
- Wipe all appliances and furniture to remove dust
- Create a pleasant working environment for staff
- Assist in making photocopies, spiral binding and filing of non-confidential documents when required.
- Ensure confidentiality of all Heartland Alliance documents as prescribed by Heartland Alliance Nigeria.
- Perform any other task assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
· WAEC Certificate holder or OND
· Smart and effective
· Effective communication skills
· Problem solving skills.
· Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
· Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively;
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
· Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
· Non-discriminatory- Do not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills
· Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer,
· Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
· The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited-resource environments.