- Assist dialysis nurses in providing dialysis treatment to patients with kidney ailments.
- Maintain and operate dialysis machines, systems and equipment.
- Instruct and counsel patients on dialysis issues and procedures.
- Obtain and record clinical data from patients with kidney disorders or diseases.
- Assist dialysis nurses in administering drugs and medicines to patients.
- Monitor patients’ vital signs during dialysis procedures.
- Maintain and handle dialysis equipment and other systems in a safe manner.
- Ensure the highest degree of standards in dialysis assistant functions.
- Adhere to and comply with dialysis nursing practices laws and regulations.
- Receive and log receipt of stores items in accordance with Renal Unit procedures
- Ensure clinical area is appropriately stocked to meet service need
- Ensure water treatment disinfection program is activated following completion of treatment sessions thus ensuring early morning pre-treatment disinfection of haemodialysis machines and water loop
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two (2) year work experience in a health facility
- Training in dialysis machine operation, drug overdose, haemodialysis, and plasmapheresis
- BLS and CPR-certification to be prepared to handle any emergency situations
- Possess clinical skills such as the ability to monitor a patient's vital signs, and keeping an eye out for complications.
- Should possess excellent communication skills