- Monitor Main One’s network providing specific updates, status, and performance of all network components, capacity services, etc.
- Identify and provide at least first-line support on all faults on the Main One network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault escalation and management
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s NOC processes and procedures
- Ensure proper technical documentation of all network events throughout normal/shift cycle or operations.
- Answer all network support-related telephone calls and interface with internal/external customers on operational issues and related network events, using Main One’s standard operating procedures.
- Run daily and weekly management reports on network events and activities as well as track escalations and other key performance indicators and ensure all customer SLAs are met
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to speak French as a Second Language is a major advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Knowledge of Synchronous Digital Hierarchy technology
- Strong Knowledge of DWDM/OTN technology
- Strong knowledge of PtP/PtMP Microwave technologies
- Knowledge of basic TCP/IP configurations and troubleshooting
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- 2 - 3 years of experience in the configuration, operations, and maintenance of optical fiber SDH and wireless network equipment.
- Ability to use OTDR, E-Analyzer, SDH Analyzer, power meter, and other signal testing tools/instruments
- Working Knowledge of Huawei OSN series equipment.
- Working knowledge of Ubiquiti or Ceragon radio.
- Working knowledge of IP devices will be a plus.
- Qualification: BSC/HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
Demands of the Job:
- Will be ready to work on a 24/7 basis depending on the shift roaster to man the network surveillance tools.
- Also, should be ready to travel to support other MainOne Operations in Africa and beyond.