About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms largely more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
As a Customer Engagement Officer, you'll be the voice of One Acre Fund. You'll take care of incoming customer calls and also conduct outbound surveys. You'll report to the Systems Associate.
- Receive and respond to client phone calls and log calls in the Customer Engagement Tracker (perform ticketing when electronic workflow management systems will be implemented).
- Work with external departments to find solutions on claims/requests in case you don’t have an immediate response
- Make out-going calls and conduct surveys as requested by Global, Business Operations and other departments.
Short Message Service (Text Messages) Blasts
- Review/ QC Short Message Service blast (text messages) request received through the google form.
- Prepare and implement Short Message Service (text messages) blasts when needed.
Data Analysis And Reporting
- Write Hotline reports as updates for stake-holders
- Occasionally be called upon to do some light analysis of the data coming into the hotline so that the program can use this information.
- Investigate all cases of farmer complaints through phone calls to One Acre Fund
- Prioritize weekly cases to follow up and prepare a travel schedule
- Investigate and acquire relevant documentation including budgets and records for farmer refund payments, inputs delivery documents to detect any anomalies and errors and launch investigations
Field Visit Activities
- Schedule visits to investigate cases with Field Managers, Field officers and Group Leaders when needed
- Meet with impacted and affected parties and obtain written statements and evidence such as default acknowledgement forms and reports from relevant parties
- Arrange any follow-up appointments to help with the investigation
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients phoning the Hotline
- Convey information in clear terms to callers any changes in product and procedures
Please note: this is subject to addition or subtraction of responsibilities at the organization’s discretion.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for a professional with a background in finance or a related field, and a long-term passion for sustainable agricultural development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Relevant work experiences including Business, Banking or an International Non-G\governmental Organization
- Language: Fluent in English and Hausa (mandatory) and understands the local communities and cultures
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- knowledge about One Acre Fund products and services
- Proficient computer skills and proficiency in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office and Google Suite for data analysis, presentation and report writing
- Handle difficult situations and complaining/demanding clients on the phone
- Have integrity
- Language: English and Hausa preferred
- Minna, Nigeria
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Health insurance
- Paid time off, paternity/maternity leave