The Customer Finance Team plays a pivotal role in ensuring the overall success of our largely unbanked customers in completing their loans and getting continued access to clean, reliable energy. Engie Energy Access is looking for a Risk & Compliance Manager who will work with Head of Customer Finance, the Head of Customer Experience, the Head of Commercial, the Global Customer Finance Team and other stakeholders to manage the integration of the EEA Credit Risk Management Framework into Nigeria’s ways of working.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Credit Risk Management Framework: Leadership, Monitoring and Governance
- Serve as the primary custodian of the EEA Credit Risk Management Framework and the key resource to the Head of Customer Finance and other senior managers of EEA Nigeria in understanding the framework, defining credit risk appetite, and setting credit risk limits and tolerance thresholds across various products, business units (regions, districts, etc.), teams or team members, at the level of customer assessment, etc.
- Lead the process of monthly Credit Risk performance reporting to stakeholders within the department and across EEA Nigeria, monitoring against thresholds and limits set by product, business unit, etc. Update the Head of Customer Finance and other heads of department and Global stakeholders on major movements in headline credit risk indicators, level of compliance to thresholds, etc.
- Manage the Credit Risk Committee reporting and routine in line with Global standards, and the market-specific needs and best practices developed within EEA Nigeria
- Monitor key credit risk indicators outside of normal reporting routines and timelines or as a follow up to monthly reporting to identify early warning signs, or to further investigate the source or nature of problems identified at the consolidated monthly report level.
- Support stakeholders and senior management to identify root causes for situations where results which fall outside of our risk appetite (including by spending time in the field), and to recommend strategies and actions to take to mitigate the risk from worsening and correct the trend.
- Support and monitor acceptable risk limits for customer assessments; help drive and monitor the implementation of the EEA Tiered Assessment Methodology (TAM) for EEA Nigeria for assessment of credit worthiness of new customers.
- Compliance Monitoring Against Core Credit Standards
- Develop and implement a framework for monitoring, documenting, and reporting compliance against core credit processes & standards, especially those carried out by field teams and the call center.
- Work with the Credit Operations Manager and Head of Customer Finance to ensure that all core activities have adequate policies and procedures, and that each of these has a written policy and routine for monitoring compliance to the standard; ensure the compliance monitoring routines are adequate, are implemented, and documented as needed.
- Identify, record & report compliance findings. Estimate the frequency and impact and details on root cause, where available. Provide direct remediation as appropriate or escalate to responsible managers and leaders across departments for remediation. Provide periodic credit compliance reports to senior leadership and Heads of Departments to agree on action plans and track progress on key compliance topics over time.
- Build and manage a team of Compliance Officers across the country or embedded call centers, with well-defined and meaningful responsibilities, KPIs and tools and systems to handle their work
- Monitor tampering on at least a monthly basis, specify thresholds on tamper above which investigation and concerted action is required, and generate routines, measures and controls that will be used to reduce exposure and losses due to tampering.
- Stakeholders Engagement & Capacity Development
- Help foster and encourage a “culture of credit”, understanding of and compliance to standards and performance management against credit KPIs amongst the field team and get regular feedback and ideas from this team to improve how we run our operations.
- Work closely with the Credit Operations Manager to translate insight into action
- Engage external stakeholders such as Credit Bureaus and Insurance
- Training of Stakeholders on Credit Risk and help improve the team’s capacity in understanding credit risk
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills
- 5 or more years of e working in a highly field-oriented business or organization with a similar customer base (preferably in energy access, financial services, mobile or telecommunications services, or similar)
- 2 years of experience working in an area related to risk management, credit management, compliance management, internal control or audit
- 3 or more years of people management experience
- Experience with effective system/process design, especially in areas of risk and compliance monitoring & reporting
- Able to lead work that requires cross-functional buy-in, collaboration, and accountability across the business – from customer-facing teams in the field to senior leadership in the head office.
- Demonstrated ability to have hard conversations on underperformance and noncompliance, the ability to raise issues (with solutions) as they come up, and to drive towards improvement in outcomes.
- Strong aptitude for making meaning and pulling insights out of data and reporting. Able to help others understand what is and is not material or important to focus on. Guides quality insights and decisions. Continuously curious around data and business analytics and driven to learn more about analytical approaches, tools, etc.
- Willingness to spend time in the field with our customers and teams to truly understand and improve how systems and processes are being implemented “on the ground”.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English), with ability to educate and persuade
- Demonstrated ability to work within complex environments where it's necessary to balance several diverse and competing priorities at once
- Ability and willingness to do what it takes to make things happen and move projects forward
- A passion for ENGIE Energy Access’s customers and mission!
- Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in related subjects and industries
- Master's degree or certification in a related field is a plus.
- Professional fluency in English is required; proficiency in one or more languages spoken by our customers and customer-facing team is a big plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, SQL) to analyze information to make decisions is a big plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau/PowerBI/Excel and ability to effectively build out requirements for dashboards or visualization tools to be built by others is a plus.
- Willingness to work with new data/tech tools and continuously looking to build your data analysis, visualization and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using data analysis tools e.g., Excel, SQL, Python/R etc.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.