We are looking to hire a suitable candidate to fill this position
- Minimum Qualification:HND
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Writing news and feature stories daily
- Identifying newsworthy events and developments in their region of operation.
- Seeking out and investigating stories via your contacts, press releases, and other media
- Attending press conferences and asking questions
- Working closely with the news team, photographers, and editors
- Recording interviews and meetings using shorthand or technical equipment
- Producing concise and accurate copy according to the newspaper's house style and to strict deadlines - daily newspapers may have several each day
- Writing shorter, 'filler' stories to entertain, and researching and writing longer feature articles, sometimes for subsidiary publications and supplements
- Creating and uploading news content for the newspaper website
- Live' online reporting or real-time blogging when covering important events - a growing area of work, especially in national newspapers.
- Interviewing people in a range of different circumstances
- Attending and reporting on events that are of interest to the public.
- Transcribing and summarizing events for further news purposes.
- Traveling to events and ensuring the proper maintenance, security, and care of recording equipment.
- Representing the organization at conferences, press briefings, events, and interviews.
- Ensuring a professional appearance, language use, and manner throughout the report.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or a specialized field such as politics, economics, or international relations.
- Must have worked in a newspaper house ( minimum of two years)
- At least 2 years of experience in news, or journalism.
- Ethical and professional research and reporting skills.
- A keen interest in news, current affairs, business, and people
- Accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to grasp complex issues quickly and explain them in simple, concise language
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Able to form and ask probing questions to interviewees.
- Passionate about the news and current events.
- Well-spoken, engaging, and knowledgeable about news events.
- Critically minded, meticulous, and excellent recall of facts.
- Adventurous, calm under pressure and determined to uncover the truth.
- Great interpersonal and rapport-building skills.
Location: Candidate should reside in Abuja
Remuneration: NGN 100,000
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.