Telecommunications company seeking a NOC Manager to oversee information gathering and dissemination, as well as incident and problem management in the NOC, ensuring that end-to-end processes and activities are effectively and efficiently carried out by accountable teams. Responsible for managing and coordinating the NOC team. The main aim for this coordination is to ensure that the Telecoms system runs efficiently without interruption.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Build and lead NOC team. Ensure surveillance, organization, and motivation of all NOC team members. Provide leadership and direction to NOC engineers and leads who are responsible for customer trouble tickets, system events, monitoring, backup/restore operations, etc.
- Recruit and train NOC personnel as required. Conduct regular 1:1s with assigned staff and provide ongoing training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Develop and drive improvements to all NOC methods and quality procedures to drive high customer satisfaction.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of the NOC staff to successfully maintain required standards, uptime, and customer service. Ensure that work assignments are completed.
- Serve as the escalation point of contact for NOC Analysts concerning technical issues. Establish action plans for improvements based on escalation trending analysis
- Check whether network performance reports are generated as the desired pattern and delivered on time to concerned parties.
- Have efficient and documented routines/procedures with all concerned inner working units like different system support units, inner working operators, subcontractors, rollout units, planning/engineering units
- Communicate regularly with the line manager (CTO) and customers to get escalations and follow up.
- Ensure processes are aligned towards achieving committed SLAs and KPIs.
- Attend management and customers meetings about NOC activities. Achieve customer satisfaction within network performance.
- Ensure all workarounds performed to restore service are revisited as part of permanent resolutions to network issues.
- Initiate and implement ideas to improve operational procedures, policies, and functions of the NOC.
- Establish and maintain well-defined and effective communication channels with internal and external customers.
- Serve as custodian of the NOC Knowledge Base.
- Continuously search for ways to improve the network performance.
- Develop proactive methodologies for conducting fault diagnostics and resolution.
- Identify new interfaces, tools, and applications to increase the effectiveness of the Network Management Systems (NMS) to be deployed.
- Continuously assess operational and business continuity risks, ensuring timely awareness and deploying mitigating initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, or any related discipline.
- Professional certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, etc, will be an asset.
- Upwards of 5 years of related experience in Operations within the Telecoms Industry with at least 3 years in a Managerial role supporting Executives
Remuneration: NGN 200,000 - 250,000