Managing Director (MD)
- Develop, implement and continually improve systems, structures, policies, processes and tools that assist the company identify and maximize revenue opportunities from its target markets, customers and products.
- Identify and analyze the comprehensive potentials of all target markets and define the company’s product targets and sales strategy for each market in alignment with required/available resources
- Design and implement sales programs and initiatives to actualize the company’s annual business plan objectives and targets
- Proactively identify and track changes/trends in poultry products purchase and consumption patterns/requirements and propose modifications to company production plans and sales strategies.
- Lead the development and implementation of a vibrant sales policy that is purpose driven, target oriented and such that forges strategic alliance/partnership to maximize the sales of company products.
- Manage and lead the following processes on behalf of the company:
- Translation of the company’s business plan objectives and targets into product sales volumes by regions and channels
- Sales channel management
- Customer definition and segmentation
- New customer acquisition
- Customer relationship management
- Negotiating and documenting Sales Contracts
- Advertisement and Marketing Management
- Build and strengthen the capacity of the company’s sales team by:
- Continually assessing the capability of the team to deliver on agreed outcomes.
- Providing leadership that inspires others to succeed and develop, and proactively share experience, knowledge and ideas.
- Coaching and counseling team members as necessary.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quantum of sales Channel
- Actual vs. budget figures:
- Product Sales Volumes/Revenue
- Profit/price margin on product sales
- New Customer Acquisition
- Partnership/alliance development
Skills, Competencies and Requirements:
- Strong domain knowledge of the poultry industry and business
- Sales Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business Analysis
- Information Management
- Marketing and Brand Management
- Partnership/alliance Development and Management
General Management Competencies/Requirements:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Strong People Management Skills
- Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate effectively
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Proactive self-starter and driven for results
- Assertiveness & tenacity
- Ability to work with all levels of management, build partnerships and teams
- Highly organized and significant ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to cope with and work under pressure
- Minimum of university degree (Master’s degree in Business Administration will be advantageous)
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the poultry industry