To create and implement strategies to ensure that the sales goals of the organization across all its regions are achieved. To be responsible for leading and guiding a team of salespeople in the organization. To set sales goals & quotas, build a sales plan, analyse data, assign sales training and sales territories, mentor the members of his/her sales team, and be involved in the hiring and firing process.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Create and implement effective direct sales strategies and lead nationwide direct sales personnel toward the achievement of corporate sales objectives, particularly growth in the size of the organization's Collective Investment Scheme products.
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales team.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching, and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct deficiencies, when necessary.
- Provide sales management, budget control, compensation programs, and incentive planning.
- Ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development, and retention of staff.
- Provide supervision through field visits, observations, and measurement of results, including performance appraisal of team members.
- Proactively identify changes in the fund management industry and competitive pressures, to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual AUM and Revenue forecasts.
- Identify targets for financial planning sessions nationwide, develop annual financial planning roster with quarterly AUM targets, and update the roster every week via a weekly spreadsheet.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing Head/team in marketing activities and closing sales opportunities
- Collaborate with other arms of the Group in making, identifying, and closing sales opportunities and in running investment sessions for their customers.
- Run physical and virtual training sessions on investment products and services for staff of the Group
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
- Attend meetings, seminars, and conferences, as appropriate.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline. A Master’s degree in sales-related area will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of experience managing a direct sales team, with a proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- A good understanding of the fund management industry in Nigeria; including trends, technologies, investment products & services, and players
- Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management
- Ability to travel nationwide, as required
Skills & Competencies:
- Meeting Sales Goals, Negotiation, Sales Planning, Building Relationships, Managing Processes, Market Knowledge, Developing Budgets, Staffing, Coaching
- Excellent Communicator
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical ability
- Stakeholder management
- Team Building
- Conceptual thinking
- Relationship building
- Customer Focus
- Diversity Management
- Portfolio management
- Wealth management
- Financial Analysis
- New Business development
- Knowledge of the Global economy
- Sales / Marketing skills
- Managing Business performance