We are looking to hire a National Operations Manager who will play a key role in leading our mission critical 24/7 Central Operations team. In this role, you will lead a high-performing team of analysts and writers motivated by keeping millions of our users safe and informed. As a team leader, you will cultivate happiness while guiding the team through feedback, mentoring, development, and engagement. You will report to our Head of Operations and aid in setting team goals while using data to effectively measure them.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:1 year
- Set and clearly communicate direction and goals with regular coaching and feedback for continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure team members are happy, effective, and growing in their career and work experiences.
- Support a team of 20+ accountable by overseeing the handling of major incidents that require urgent / sensitive handling while showing empathy.
- Monitor operational metrics and response times and redirect team activities as needed.
- Work with leadership to set team goals and establish reporting processes that ensure leadership is always in the loop.
- Partner with cross-functional peers to ensure best practices are shared and the entire Operations team is operating at the highest standards.
- Help build the team and broader company through management projects such as recruiting, training, defining policies and processes.
- Research and verify reported information on key events to ensure accurate alerts are shared with the Citizen network.
- At least 1 year of direct people management experience for a team (preferably in a fast-changing environment and/or a start up).
- Superior leadership skills with proven ability to effectively manage and develop a diverse group of people into a cohesive high-performing team.
- Strong operational background and a track-record of analytically setting goals and then leading, inspiring, and motivating others to deliver and measuring results.
- Flexible to constantly-changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within tight time frames.
- Experience working in a Newsroom / Safety / Security operations center is a plus.
- Experience managing in a remote environment is preferred.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.