Music Teacher Responsibilities:
• Teaching general styles of music.
• Teaching classical piano, practical and theory.
• Teaching singing to students from beginner to advanced level.
• Incorporating musical instruments and movement in lessons.
• Planning and implementing a program of instruction and lesson plans.
• Preparing students for school concerts and planned music experiences.
• Preparing students for practicals and exams.
• Inspiring and motivating students to extend themselves to after school music clubs.
• Building relationships and mentoring students.
Music Teacher Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in music.
• License to teach as an academic.
• Minimum of 2-4 years of teaching experience.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Choral pedagogy.
• Ability to set and mark examination papers.