- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively give directions
- Works well with others
- Passionate about contributing to intellectual and emotional growth of children on a daily basis
- Must pass background check and health test
- Must have (or be willing to obtain) training and experience necessary to develop consistent, stable, and supportive relationships with young children.
Education and Experience
- BA/Bsc Degree
- Montessori Early Childhood Diploma (3-6yrs)
- Prior teaching experience (including teaching practice)
- Bachelors degree in education related field
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Previous experience teaching in a Montessori setting
- MACTE accredited Montessori diploma
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge and skill in instructional principles, methods and techniques of Montessori program. • Skill in obtaining, clarifying and exchanging information.
• Skill in classroom management.
• Skill in handling student discipline .
• Ability to organise and coordinate activities.
• Ability to serve as role model and treat students as individuals in a professional manner.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multi
cultural, diverse setting.
• Ability to make supplemental Montessori materials for classroom.
• Ability to fully participate as a team member in a professional learning community.
• Ability to embrace and incorporate Montessori philosophy.