The incumbent is expected to coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages. The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant (G5) will directly report to the Head of RAM in Maiduguri and will technically report to the National Officer in charge of operational administration in the country office RAM team.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Verify the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, resolving routine issues and escalating where appropriate, to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standards.
2. Collect and summarise assistance programme(s) data, collaborating with cooperating partners where required, conduct analysis and prepare reports in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
3. Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
4. Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes.
5. Arrange for regular meetings with community leaders and cooperating partners on commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues to support effective communication flow and efficient operations.
6. Allocate tasks to other staff, providing guidance and on-the-job training to support their development and high performance.
7. Provide standard trainings for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to independently self-monitor and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas.
8. Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
9. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level Strategic Management Displays basic understanding of WFPs policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship. Performance Management Applies knowledge of WFPs performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards. Qualitative/Quantitative Methodology Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFPs strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards. Data Analytics and Visualization Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries
planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities. Programme Monitoring and Review Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Has experience collecting programme output and outcome data, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, and reporting findings to management team, partners and other stakeholders.
Has experience utilizing WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.