The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Director supports the program that focuses on the high-level objectives of the project. The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director will guide the technical direction of the M&E approach and strategy. In addition to managing monitoring and evaluation activities, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director will oversee impact analysis in the areas of the project. This will include building staff and beneficiaries’ capacity on knowledge management and learning, overseeing M&E data management systems, and reporting on progress toward targets from performance measurement indicators. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director will be responsible for developing the MEL Plan, designing the system to track and monitor performance indicators in Corus 3D MEL platform, guiding and training technical leads, technology managers, and business facilitators on collecting and uploading data into 3D MEL platform, and ensuring verification and validation of the data. The Candidate will manage the project’s monitoring and evaluation activities. This will include guiding the technical direction of the M&E approach and strategy as well as overseeing and coordinating work related to monitoring and evaluation activities of the project. The candidate will report on quarterly and annual performance indicators and highlight success stories, learnings, and gaps that need addressing as part of collaborating, learning, and adapting measures. The candidate will actively ensure compliance with all project activities and will provide timely data and reports that will improve performance and effectiveness. The candidate will report to the Chief of Party.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:8 years
- Supports the M&E Officer, IT Officer, and staff at the regional level to ensure the team receives the necessary support to carry out their M&E responsibilities.
- In coordination with HQ, manages the Project M & E System according to the donor-approved Performance Management Plan (PMP) and evaluation plan.
- Updates the Project Evaluation Plan as needed, as well as management tools such as the Performance Management Plan (PMP), the monitoring indicators table, and reference sheets.
- Develops standard data collection forms in coordination with the technical teams.
- Ensures that IT Manager and regional IT staff implement, update, and maintain the ICT platform to effectively use the data collected by the platform.
- Ensures that grant documents take into account project monitoring requirements related to M & E indicators and responsibilities for those indicators measuring are clearly defined.
- Ensures quality reports document progress toward targets from performance measurement indicators for internal, the Donor, and implementing partner use.
- Coordinates the dissemination of evaluation results and the production of communication media tools.
- Oversees impact analysis in the areas of private sector development, value-added processing, and investment facilitation.
- Applies technology tools (GIS, project ICT4D platform) to improve decision-making and management for results.
- Directly supervises the M&E Officer and the IT Officer, with indirect reports from regional Project Managers.
- Designs and leads the midterm and end-of-project evaluations in coordination with Headquarters M & E Teams and consultants.
- Assumes overall responsibility for data quality at each stage of the management cycle.
- Performs internal Data Quality Assessments and annual system reviews.
- Manages the assignment of Monitoring and Evaluation staff to ensure system performance.
- Oversees assessments as well as all research related to data quality.
- Regularly checks the quality of the data at the field level.
- Designs and implements M & E capacity-building activities for field staff in areas such as project monitoring, evaluations, quantitative and qualitative data analysis, data use, quality, and other areas, if necessary.
- Provides technical expertise and leadership to promote the planning and implementation of a quality M & E system.
- Provides advice and technical assistance to build staff capacity for program implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Serves as the main focal point with implementing partners, program beneficiaries, consultants, and stakeholders on all M & E-related issues.
- Ensures quality of research reports and other special studies.
- Coordinates and ensures quality control of all service providers engaged to carry out studies/research.
- Oversees the consultants recruited for all M & E activities.
- Actively participates in M&E working groups and professional associations.
- Master's degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Agronomy, or any other related field.
- 8 - 10 years of demonstrated experience with progressive experience in design, monitoring, and evaluation of development projects at the Nigeria national level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E systems (design, implementation, evaluation tools, and techniques).
- Experience applying M&E to agricultural development projects including the application of quantitative and qualitative analysis and evaluation techniques.
- Commitment to the values of Corus and being able to model these values in dealings with colleagues and partners: accompaniment, gratitude, vocation, stewardship, and innovation.
- Understanding and commitment to development and agriculture in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated experience with USDA or USAID M & E standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated expertise in capacity building and conducting M & E training for team members and Implementing Partners.
- Knowledge and experience with ICT data collection and data visualization tools.
- Demonstrated experience using a mix of informational sources and research methods to analyze project progress, communicate findings to a range of external and internal stakeholders, and apply learning to work planning.
- Professional proficiency in English and French.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to travel up to 30% of one’s time within Nigeria is required.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a diverse and multicultural environment.
The body of the message must include the following elements:
- Your highest level of education in one of the fields mentioned in the qualification for the position.
- Your number of years of relevant experience.
- Your minimum gross monthly wage requirement.
- Your minimum period of availability after accepting the job offer.
- Are you related to a current Corus/LWR staff member?
- A cover letter addressed to the TRACE Project Chief of Party in Nigeria, signed highlighting the most relevant experience for the position.
- An updated, dated, and signed curriculum vitae with 3 professional references (name, title, relationship to the candidate, telephone number, e-mail address), one being the most recent direct supervisor; he will not be contacted without prior notification of the job candidate).
Location: Akure, Ondo
Remuneration: Corus offers competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer-paid Vision insurance, lots of paid leave, a generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and so much more!
Lutheran World Relief was founded in 1945 and is a member of the Corus International family of development and humanitarian practitioners that also includes IMA World Health, CGA Technologies, and Ground Up Investing, with a combined 150 years of experience in global aid and development across Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East, and Africa. Our structure allows us to bring together the deep and specific expertise of our organizations under one umbrella so we can deliver the proven approaches and fresh innovation needed to effectively achieve transformational change and build self-reliance. LWR works in the world’s most fragile settings to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to overcome the interconnected challenges of poverty, healthcare access, and climate change. LWR continually assesses the gender constraints, youth needs, and shocks and stressors that are affecting these communities’ ability to thrive.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.