The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor supports the Programme in:
- Monitoring the activities and results of the programme.
- Generating, documenting and disseminating programme related knowledge.
- Supporting the planning, monitoring and evaluation system of the programme.
- Supporting the establishment, management and implementation of the project’s M&E System.
- Supporting the preparation of the project’s reports in line with programme requirements.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor performs the following tasks:
- Further develop the M&E concept of the project according to the Nigerian context with a focus on tracking and tracing clients’ careers
- Refine, manage and implement the different M&E tools applied by the project in conjunction with the management and advisory team of the project (among others: counselling sheets, questionnaires, satisfaction forms, surveys, tracer studies)
- Collect, analyse and interpret all data and information gathered through M&E tools
- Analyse and interpret statistics generated by the project’s Facebook page;
- Maintain and adapt the programme’s M&E system and tools, including the reporting.
- Compile the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the centre, especially through preparing related quantitative and qualitative sections as well as related charts/tables
- Liaise with potential service providers of studies, researches, papers and manages related cooperations
- Design/adjust M&E data collection and processing methods.
- Ensure M&E data collection and analysis according to programme requirements
- Support the preparation of progress reports
- Assist in preparing data, facts and figures for the Programme’s communication materials
- Ensure alignment of all M&E activities (especially data collection tools)
- Guide the Programme on the outcome and impact monitoring
- Act as a focal point for M & E for the programme, external evaluators and guide any review process where applicable.
- Prepare and actively participate in planning and monitoring meetings.
- Supports all M&E activities within the Programme.
- Conduct baseline, midline and end-line assessments
- Prepare reports for assessments conducted by the programme
- Quality assurance of reports and data received from implementing partners.
- Conduct statistical analysis of a variety of data sets, including data cleaning and preparation
- Takes on additional tasks related to the purpose of the position from the team leader or technical staff, as required. Stay up-to-day on the latest developments on M&E and propose new and innovative measures (especially looking at ICT tools)
Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualification:
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences or similar with a strong focus on data analysis and M&E.
Professional Experience: Minimum of 5 years professional experience in M&E and knowledge management particularly in the field of employment promotion.
Other experiences and skills
- Demonstrated expertise developing and managing project M&E systems, including data quality control and analysis
- Ability to analyse/present/visualise data.
- Practical skills in the use of Microsoft Excel, statistical, graphical software, experience in using ICT solutions for M&E activities (survey programming, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to work in a team;
- Used to working independently and pro-actively.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in English are required. Good knowledge of the German language is desirable.
- Strong capacity for effective teamwork, high degree of flexibility, ability to work under pressure of deadlines;
- high degree of attention to detail
- Experience in working/engaging with international organizations and/or donors
- Willingness to travel in and outside the country.
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details via email (Please include vacancy no. 030 in mail subject)
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted