Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will be required to fulfil the following primary responsibilities working as a key
member of the Nourishing Africa team:
• Develop program monitoring and evaluation plans, identify critical information areas, data
sources, metrics, and indicators consistent with the program requirements.
• Prepare, support and plan for baseline, midline and impact studies and evaluation.
• Support the development and management of the program online data portal.
• Train program partners and participants on data requirements, best practices in data
collection, timelines, and the use of the online data portal.
• Prepare, deploy, and analyze training effectiveness questionnaire across focus states and
proffer actionable next steps.
• Track the progress of implementation activities against targets.
• Collect, verify, analyze and store data per the program requirements.
• Ensure ethical principles related to M&E are respected during the collection, processing,
analysis, and use of data.
• Interface with program partners and participants to ensure timely uploads of data.
• Verify uploaded data and maintain a master list of all program data.
• Carry out periodic visits to program partners and participants to verify field reports and
assess compliance with established requirements.
• Establish M&E budgets and encourage the optimal allocation of available resources,
including financial, logistical, and technical and human resources.
• Produce communication and reporting tools and mechanisms.
• Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly statistical updates on key activities, challenges and
• Ensure that M&E directives are correctly rolled out within the organization and during
programs and that Nourishing Africa teams adopt all existing/recommended M&E
methodological guidelines and tools.
• Develop and write sections on M&E in program proposals.
• Inform the Program Lead and/or Program Coordinator of any unmet targets, contextual
changes (risks and opportunities) and adverse effects on partners and beneficiaries.
• Bachelor’s degree in statistics, business administration, economics, public policy, social
development, engineering, or a closely related field.
• Two or more years of proven experience working in the field of monitoring and evaluation.
• Experience in strategic planning and performance management, including indicator selection,
target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance
• Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and
impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
• Ability to manage critical relationships with diplomacy and tact and engage a wide range of
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent computer proficiency.
• Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and
data quality assessments.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and
• Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it effectively to diverse audiences.
• Ability to design and implement efficient work flows and procedures.
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members.
• Available to start immediately.