Key Duties and Responsibilities Responsibilities:
Program design and implementation
- Participate actively in the implementation of M&E processes by providing technical support and checking quality.
- Harness, adapt and roll out tools and technological innovations for collecting and analyzing data with an aim of improving the MOGEWE project
- Participate in developing an M&E Plan, M&E work plan and indicator tracking matrix, in line with the project’s thematic standards and practice.
- Generate program monitoring, reporting and information management plans
- Pioneer the development, review and utilization of data collection, monitoring and reporting tools
- Participate actively in the enforcement of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and Quality Improvement (QI) measures for all field program interventions
- Support fellow team members in capturing and documenting best practices and success stories for learning, reference and dissemination
- Generate programme information and dash boards for tracking and depicting progress on programmes and strategy implementation against targets and key milestones Initiate data analysis and action planning meeting with program teams to review data trends and overall project performance Maintain a tracker of key action points agreed at review meetings and disseminate progress of implementation
- Work with the field teams to ensure that program indicators are tracked through regular field visits
- Review all reports to ensure that data provided is reliable and accurate and that target indicators are met and explanations provided where indicators are not met;
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor. Program monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Plan and organize quarterly joint and participatory Routine Data Quality Assessment (RQDAs) and data analysis to guide action planning meetings.
- Develop and manage database system for monitoring and evaluation and generate periodic reports to inform and guide program.
- Ensure accurate and timely collection of program data from the field
- Participate in planed surveys, either internally or externally (through consultants) to promote own capacity building and enhance the quality of the survey reports generated
- Provide quality assurance, including data verification, on all reports and information produced by the project by editing and consolidating all reports
- Synthesize and summarize trends in program monitoring data including those generated from evaluations across programming pillars that can be used to inform programming.
- Participate in writing monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Support the development and strengthening of an effective GBV referral system and coordination mechanisms
- Support the preparation of SGBV advocacy materials.
- Conduct continuous program assessments on prevention and response to SGBV and provide constructive feedback to inform quality interventions
- Keep a schedule of internal and donor reporting and ensure teams adhere to the timelines and reporting templates
- Support evidence based learning across LETSAI through maintaining an up-to-date record of planned and on-going operations/action research, facilitating learning and reflections and ensuring documentation and dissemination. Coordination, Representation and Advocacy
- Represent LETSAI at the M&E MOGEWE coordination forums.
- In collaboration with relevant Officer, He/she will design knowledge management products to be shared with internal and external audiences. Staff Development
- Provide input in defining and developing and/or reviewing the M&E Standards.
- Build capacity of local stakeholders and project staff in relevant M&E topics, including data dissemination and use for program improvement.
- Build the capacity of the project staff and support them to effectively introduce and maintain effective project M&E systems and processes.
- Support the Team Leader in the development of new proposals and concept notes for women protection and empowerment program.
- BSc, HND or OND in Social Science, Statistics or Population Studies or Postgraduate training in Monitoring and Evaluation is essential. Monitoring and Evaluation Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years‟ experience in a similar position involving data collection, documentation and reporting
- Demonstrable experience in producing good quality documents for different audiences and managing GBV& CP information management systems.
- Ability to collect, analyze and produce good quality data and information
- Proven skills in data management with concrete knowledge of open source tools such as ODK collect, KoBo Toolbox or CommCare platforms
- Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and Ms access
- Knowledge in computer statistical packages (EPI INFO, SPSS and Stata)
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of staff
- Knowledge, skills and experience in participatory survey/research methods
- Experience in use of data to inform decision-making, planning, and performance monitoring
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong management skills (Managing, motivating and developing staff)
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions
Must be flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as independently.
Ability to communicate well in English, and some ability to communicate in other local languages.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS Salary:
- According to LETSAI salary policy and donor regulations
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract length: Eight-month contract with possibility of extension, subject to funding
- Probation: There will be a probation period of three months. Holidays: 12 days leave per year.