● Report and work closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist in leading the design, development and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and research functions and to ensure organizational effectiveness for our work in Kano and Kaduna.
● Supervise and coordinate the implementation of data collection, analysis and evaluation of projects and research efforts.
● Support the process of curriculum development and review as well as supporting mapping of best practices research for our soft skills curriculum and pedagogy.
● Support the development of evaluation and research reports and products including policy briefs, info-graphics, articles and Op-eds.
● Contribute to ongoing research, evaluation and learning plans, as well as design and report documentation.
● Design, test and refine data collection and evaluation tools in line with our objectives and ensuring quality assurance and control in Kano and kaduna.
● Carry out critical and complex analyses of data including visualization of project data and dashboard designs to display project impact, and communicate conclusions clearly with actionable recommendations.
● Assist with learning activities, dissemination of lessons learnt, communicate with stakeholders, stakeholder management, assist in policy development and advocacy activities for the organization, organizing and facilitating monitoring and evaluation learning sessions.
● Carry our writing activities - white papers, concept notes, research writing, evaluation reports, Policy briefs, Info-graphics, peer reviews and articles, editing etc.
● Carry out all other tasks assigned by your supervisor
● Programme Strategy team
● Partnership Liaison, North
● Must be a Master’s degree holder and be well grounded in social science theories and research.
● 2-4 years of relevant post NYSC experience with significant knowledge of the labour market realities in the North (Kano and Kaduna) as well as the trends relating to jobs, unemployment, gender issues and tech uptake in the North.
● A high level of written and verbal communication, including an ability to write in clear and concise language.
● Must be local to either Kano or Kaduna. Fluent in Hausa and can translate surveys from English to local language in Kano and Kaduna.
● Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data analyses tools such as SPSS.
● Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills
● Strong work ethics, a self-starter, very creative.
● Leadership and Management skills and familiar with remote working.
● Project Management Skills
● Passion for youth development, gender equity, education, training and Nigeria’s development
● A high level of integrity