- We play a major role in the food Industries and we are one of Nigeria's leading tomato paste manufacturers. The company is a recognized market leader in tomato paste production and other range of products like; Seasoning Cube, baking powder, Margarine Yeast, Dough Improver, Preservative, Vitasoy Milk Drink, Vitamax Cereal Drink. Our Tomato Paste is making major improvements to its Shagamu, Ogun State factory plant as part of an ongoing plan to meet the growing demand for its products and maximize efficiency.
- The Sales Manager (Modern Trade) is responsible for executing specific measures and actions in the Modern Trade Business category to achieve the planned volume for the year through a robust sales and distribution system.
- He/she should achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products to new and existing clients in different outlets.
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with an inside- out knowledge of modern trade & a proven track record of handling Tier 1, Tier 2 supermarkets e.g. Shoprite, Spar, etc.
Purpose of Role
- The Manager, Modern Trade is a sales role with primary responsibility for leading and managing Modern Trade - comprising Key Accounts, both On and Off Trade. Key account management is needed to shift perceptions from a commodity to a value-add and partner relationships.
- Manage a set of key accounts at the HQ level along with commercial relationships. KPI’s are Net Sales Value (NSV), Market share, and innovation targets.
Barriers to Success:
- Unable to mobilize & energize around visions
- Inability to translate business goals into specific territory objectives
- Uncomfortable in pushing back on others
- Inability to manage own time & work-load
- Minimum 8 - 10 years Sales and/or Customer Marketing and Brand Knowledge experience
- HND / University Degree with a strong track record in Sales, preferably in selling either within or outside the Beverage industry or Food products. Particularly critical is previous experience in account management or other customer-facing roles.
- Prior experience working for FMCG is an added advantage
- A strong and broad track record in Commercial with experience of leading strategic planning with customers and P&L/financial data accountability.
- Good track record with translating strategy into action.
- Influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills