MoC is looking to add a Videographer to our multi-media team comprising digital media strategists, sports writers, photographers, and videographers, who create Nigerian Sports content and traverse Nigeria and the world to promote Nigerian Athletics globally. We’re seeking a highly driven person looking to forge an exciting career as a sports videographer and production manager in Nigeria.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
- Shoot & Edit Athletics race and interview videos at Competitions across Nigeria, and publishing of video content across MoC Social Media Platforms (Website, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Take a brief to grasp the production team’s needs and specifications and consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Write, edit and review shooting scripts and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Create rough and final cuts, trim footage segments, ensure logical sequencing, edit videos in a way that is invisible to the audience, and input music, subtitles, graphics, and effects into videos
- Design a wide range of graphics elements from concept to completion for videos, animations, illustrations, infographics, etc, for use in digital advertising, social media, print media, landing pages, websites, emails, business proposals, and other promotional/marketing materials
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency
- Report to MoC Senior Management and based in Lagos full-time with frequent travel nationwide to cover domestic events (and potentially travel to international competitions within 2-3 years)
- Bachelor’s degree in any field (theatre/visual arts, cinematography, or related field preferred)
- At least 2 – 3 years of experience with video pre-production, production & post-production including editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects & Final Cut)
- Knowledge of field production techniques and standards including planning film videos on set or on location, editing footage for post-production, inserting closed captions, graphics, or other on-screen text & effects
- Relative fitness and stamina to work long hours, proficiency with camera equipment, and readiness to travel at such notice if needed
- A strong eye for visual composition, demonstrable video & visual design skills with a strong portfolio, and the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written, audio, and video format.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism, effective time management skills to meet tight deadlines, and strong records maintenance and content archiving skills
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design and experience with computer-aided graphics design are advantages
- Some knowledge of Nigerian Athletics and strong interest in World Athletics and other Sports, as well as strong expertise with Social Media publishing tools (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) are advantages
Compensation & Other Benefits:
- Full or Part-time salary negotiable (based on experience)
- All expenses paid trips to cover National & Regional Competitions. e.g. in 2023,
- AFN Competitions across Nigeria, such as AFN Classics, National Trials for the 2023 World Championships, and National U20 & U18 Trials
- MoC Competitions such as MoC Grand Prix & MoC Relays
- Continental Events such as the 2023 African Games in Ghana
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.