MoC is looking to add a Finance Manager to be responsible for the day-to-day finance & accounting function, ensuring month end reconciliations are performed & all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed & reported. They will ensure the integrity of accounting information & establish quality control over financial transactions/reporting. The Finance Manager will be responsible for the development and oversight of financial policies and procedures for all MoC Limited & MoC Foundation activities, including MoC’s Talent Search & Elite Competitions, Elite Talent Management and Athlete development activities in Nigeria such as the Student-Athlete Scholarship. They will also be involved with business planning, forecasting and budgeting alongside other members of the management team. The roles require pro-active candidates with Finance & Accounting backgrounds (bachelor’s degree and prior work experience) interested in forging an exciting career in Sports Management in Nigeria, as such a natural passion for sports is a plus. We’re looking for highly driven individuals to contribute to the success and growth of Sports and Athletics in particular in Nigeria, as our Finance Manager at Making of Champions!
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Developing and overseeing financial policies and procedures for MoC Projects, including the Student-Athlete Scholarship, Athlete Sponsorships, and MoC Competitions, and ensuring these policies are maintained to enable accurate and timely reporting
- Creating, keeping, and maintaining comprehensive accounting records by documenting, organizing, and maintaining records of financial transactions (creation of an effective filing system, recording and reconciling bills, payments, expenditure, revenue, payroll, etc.)
- Issuing and following through on invoices on behalf of the company, treating incoming invoices, issuing receipts, and ensuring there is documentation evidencing all financial transactions
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets and expenditure estimates on different projects, and preparation of monthly management accounts, and another weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual reports as required
- Responding promptly to all fund and financial procedure-related inquiries and processing fund requisitions and reimbursements, as well as provision of general financial administrative support to staff
- Ensure compliance with financial dues and regulatory requirements including but not limited to the accurate and prompt filing of returns and remittance of statutory deductions (e.g. PAYE, WHT, VAT, and Pension), liaising with external auditors as required
- Involvement in business development, planning, forecasting, and budgeting alongside other members of the management team
- Any other duties as directed by MoC Senior Management
- Candidate must possess a BSc in Accounting (minimum 2nd class upper division)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting & financial experience in a similar capacity is required
- Professional membership in ACA/ACCA is an added advantage
- Must have advanced knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office and proficiency in the use of Accounting software packages
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent analytical skills
- Must be able to multitask, have good time management, work well with others as well as possess the ability to work independently
- A demonstrated passion for & interest in sports management is beneficial
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.