- As a medical sales representative, you are expected to arrange appointments with doctors, pharmacists, and hospital medical teams, which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular 'cold' calling
- Make presentations to doctors, practice staff, and nurses in GP surgeries, hospital doctors, and pharmacists in the retail sector.
- Organize conferences for doctors and other medical staff.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with medical staff and support administrative staff
- Manage budgets for catering, outside speakers, conferences, and hospitality
- Keep detailed records of all contacts
- Win new customers, as well as develop long-term relationships with existing ones
- Meet and, if possible, exceed sales targets, regularly monitoring your business plans to make sure you achieve this
- Plan work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables with the area sales team or discuss future targets with the area sales manager
- Regularly attend company meetings, technical data presentations, and briefings
- Keep up to date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpret, present, and discuss this data with health professionals during presentations
- Analyze sales data to improve results and make sure resources are effectively allocated
- Monitor competitor activity and competitors' products
- Keep up to date with new developments in the NHS, anticipate potential negative and positive impacts on the business, and adapt strategy accordingly
- Develop strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to contacts in the medical and healthcare sector
- Stay informed about the activities of health services in a particular area
Applicants from Ibadan, Ogun, and Benin can apply for this role.