Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region. Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has two hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
Reporting to the ED / HOD medicine, the medical officer assist consultants in the day-to-day management of patients under the supervision of registrars. The Medical Officer will also take an active role in overseeing the medical care of patients and the functions performed by medical staff. They may participate directly in care when services are being initially implemented. They may also help assess and diagnose needs and plans of action for individual and families.
· Ensuring that patient care and is optimal and is in adherence to the clinical guidelines and Cedarcrest Hospitals’ quality standards.
· Performing inpatient and outpatient review with initial assessment and management.
· Providing necessary documentation on health reports and discharge summaries of patients.
· Liaising with consultants regarding the provision of Inpatient and Outpatient assessment and care, including diagnoses and medication plans.
· Providing medical cover (routine and emergency), during hours of duty and work in conjunction with the other Medical Officers to ensure the provision of a 24 hour service to the hospital.
· Relating with patients’ relatives / caregivers on present state of health and further management.
· Making entries into the patients’ notes as appropriate, following ward rounds or any other patient examinations, communication or procedures.
· Undertaking within your level of experience and competence, certain medical procedures required by your senior colleagues.
· Administering intravenous medications / therapy as required.
· Providing urgent medical attention and urgent treatment to staff in case of accident or sudden illness, in liaison with other clinical staff on duty.
· Certification of deaths, completion of death certificates and all relevant documentation including, if appropriate, cremation forms and any documents required by the coroner.
· Undertaking emergency procedures as required (including resuscitation), taking the lead as necessary.
· Complying with all hospital policies and procedures, in particular those relating to Health and Safety at Work.
· Undertaking patient consultations and physical examinations
· Providing general pre- and post-operative care
· Monitoring and administering medication
· Assessing and planning treatment requirements
· Liaising daily with staff including other doctors, non-medical management staff and healthcare professionals
· Writing reports and maintaining records
· Any other duty as may be assigned to you.
· M.B.B.S or equivalent
· Certification - Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria; Certificate of Practicing License.
· Proficiency with the use of the computer.
· Candidates must possess NYSC discharge Certificate or Exemption letter.
· Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent problem-solving and clinical decision-making skills
· Good time management and organizational skills
· Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile
· Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
· Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
· Knowledge of workflow processes.