· Respond to patients’ medical problems by referring to their history, carrying out diagnosis, treatment, counseling and referral, where necessary.
· Order lab tests and interpret the test results.
· Maintain confidentiality and impartiality at all times.
· Collect, record and maintain sensitive patient information such as examination results, medical history and reports.
· Perform minor surgeries.
· Explain procedures or prescribed treatments to patients.
· Liaise with medical professionals in the community and hospitals.
· Promote health education in conjunction with other health professionals.
· Meet targets set by government for specified treatments eg. child immunization.
· Discuss and evaluate new pharmaceutical products with pharmaceutical representatives.
· Keep up-to-date with medical developments, treatment and medication.
· Any other assigned duties.
Essential competencies and attributes:
- Clinical competence and a commitment to life-long learning
- Commitment to safety and quality of care
- Interested in contributing to the growth of the business and taking on increasing responsibilities as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Active listening skills
- Conversant with technology (experience with/or willingly to learn to use electronic medical records)
- Non-judgmental, flexible, creative, patient and tolerant