- Respond to patients’ medical problems by referring to their history, carrying out diagnosis, treatment, counseling and referral, where necessary.
- Order lab tests and interpret the test results.
- · Maintain confidentiality and impartiality at all times.
- · Collect, record and maintain sensitive patient information such as examination results, medical history and reports.
- · Perform minor surgeries.
- · Explain procedures or prescribed treatments to patients.
- · Liaise with medical professionals in the community and hospitals.
- · Promote health education in conjunction with other health professionals.
- · Meet targets set by government for specified treatments eg. child immunization.
- · Discuss and evaluate new pharmaceutical products with pharmaceutical representatives.
- · Keep up-to-date with medical developments, treatment and medication