Our client, a health care provider, needs a Medical coder responsible for assigning codes to medical procedures and diagnoses. Also ensuring that codes are assigned correctly and sequenced appropriately as per government and insurance regulations.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
- Account for coding and abstracting of patient encounters
- Research and analyze data needs for reimbursement
- Make sure that codes are sequenced according to government and insurance regulations
- Ensure all medical records are filed and processed correctly
- Analyze medical records and identify documentation deficiencies
- Serve as a resource and subject matter expert to other coding staff
- Review and verify documentation for diagnoses, procedures and treatment results
- Identify diagnostic and procedural information
- Liaising with physicians and other parties to clarify information.
- Examining documents for missing information.
- Assigning CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, and ASA codes.
- Assigning APC and DRG codes.
- Ensuring documents are grammatically correct and free from typing errors.
- Performing chart audits.
- Advising and training physicians and staff on medical coding.
- Informing supervisor of issues with equipment and computer program.
- Ensuring compliance with medical coding policies and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in health information systems or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience as a medical coder.
- Professional Coders certification is required
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information.
Remuneration: NGN 200,000.00 - 250,000.00
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.