Role and Responsibilities
- The Senior staff / Engineer staff has to supervise and guide the technicians to safely and timely execute all the Mechanical jobs / safety related jobs in consultation with Deputy Manager / Area Incharge / Field Engineer. He shall also ensure -
- Receive permits for the all mechanical jobs and ensure compliance of all safety requirements for the jobs.
- Supervise execution of all mechanical related jobs performed by Technicians and contractors, In Plant / workshop premises. Ensure minimum response time for job execution.
- Decide upon required safety measures for job execution.
- Undertake regular rounds in plants to check /ensure healthy operating conditions of all mechanical equipment’s, notice any abnormalities and critical problems. Immediately inform the concerned Area Engineer / Deputy Manager and plan for corrective actions to solve the problems.
- Supervise all the mechanical activities performed in Plant / workshop for Overhauling / servicing /repairing of equipment’s as per procedures, ensuring quality and precision for trouble free operation of the equipment in field.
- Ensure that proper all the proper tools and tackles are used during execution of each job.
- Ensure timely completion of the jobs for all the equipment’s, ensuring safe and quality maintenance/repair practices / procedures, at minimal cost and with quick response to ensure minimum plant downtime and to avoid any repetition of jobs.
- Ensure and also confirm that all the assigned jobs are executed systematically, confirm all critical measurement taken using precision measuring tools are correct; ensure quality check list are filled and any deviations are highlighted, so that suitable corrective actions can be taken.
- Note down the critical observation during the dismantling of the equipment, Prepare the list of spares required for the assembly of the equipment, get the spares issued from the stores after authorization. Maintain data in diary / Daily job register to capture equipment history, for records purpose.
- He shall also supervise and carry out Safety related jobs and 5’S’ Jobs activities.
- Ensure proper housekeeping in the plant and workshop area after maintenance activity
- Interact with various departments, like Process/Inst./Elect/Stores/Safety to execute mechanical maintenance jobs effectively with respect to quality, safety, cost and timely completion. Interact with Job In charge / Engineer and assist him in identifying areas of improvement and identification of training needs.
- Provide necessary assistance to other departments for handling plant emergencies.
- Based on the observation during maintenance, prepare the list of spares that will be required for the future maintenance/ overhauling. Hand over that list to concerned supervisor for suitable action.
- Assist in failure analysis and implement recommendations to avoid repetitive failures or persistent problems in mechanical equipment/piping systems. Participation in identified SGA.
- To share the knowledge and findings acquired during the job execution with technicians & colleagues.
- To attend training programs organized based on the identified needs for development.
- Suggest changes and modifications in the problematic systems/equipment’s for improving the overall equipment’s availability.
- Carry out inspection of received spares in MMD and also carry out an inspection for proper identification and tagging of spares in MMD stock.
- Ensure strict compliance of all PTW conditions. Ensure Use of all necessary PPE’s as mentioned and as required for the jobs.
- Follow the guidelines of Safe Work Practices as per Plant HSE Standards.
- Identify and inform any unsafe conditions to the job In-charge / Engineer, senior staff, Management and raise Near Miss report.
- Timely reporting to duty on time with no un-authorized absence.
- Continuation of the job on overtime, if the requirement arises and instructed by immediate superiors.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Engineering Degree in Mechanical min 5 year experience or Diploma with 10 years in Fertilizer / Petrochemical / continuous process Chemical / Power plant.
· Knowledge of Mechanical basics is must.
· Teamwork with the ability of multi-tasking.
· Open-minded, Organizing, problem solving.
· Communication, Listening and feedback.
· Punctuality, discipline, work attitude and initiatives.
Knowledge of all Rotating
and static equipment’s including piping involved in a continuous process plant
(Fertilizers / Petrochemicals / Chemical / Power plant).