- This position is in very close cooperation with Regional Marketing, Global Online & Sales as well as Management in markets for developing and implementing a strategy in line with whole business strategy. Marketing & Sales Support Manager Nigeria is also obliged to constantly search for new business opportunities for the company, test and implement new tools as well as provide support for the Nigerian market in terms of all sales activities.
- Strategic Product quality, consistent delivery and Brand Partner’s satisfaction are critical success factors in this business. It is what one could call a Business-Critical role – as any inefficiency in this department gets magnified manifold.
- Given the twin challenges of multiple categories and complex business modules, the role calls for a high degree of functional clarity and an obsession with the quality of execution.
- In charge of building and executing Marketing Strategy for Nigeria, including delivering best possible marketing plans in order to drive activity and Sales Per Active as well as deliver sales and product profitability (GM) according to Targets.
1. Business Opportunity and Network Marketing Activities
- Short term Recruitment & Sales Programs support to markets (WP, Activity, Loyalty, Productivity campaigns)
- Long term Sales and Leadership programs & conferences
- Situational bonuses
- Opportunity & program communication in close collaboration with the in-house print agency (offline and online)
- Online & Digital Strategy for the region
- Print & catalogue communication (mailing, order drop, starter kits etc)
2. Communication Business Tools
- Drive communication and launch plans together with teams in terms of both offline and online
- Initiate and implement relevant business tools (online and offline) in Nigeria in cooperation with Global/ Region and local teams
3. Report and analysis & Team Management
Ensure core KPIs within Network marketing are constantly tracked, analysed and taken action on;
- Recruit new team members when needed to build an effective team Overseeing new employees’ onboarding
- Developing people. Ensure that employees are adequately prepared and trained to perform their duties; assist and encourage subordinates in developing their skills and self-confidence through coaching and regular and constructive feedback.
- Monitor, review and evaluate the performance of individuals by the IPM process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance and capabilities development planning
- Delegate responsibilities and decisions to help empower people and teams
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization
- Drive clear and effective communication process about strategic guidelines, changes, new projects etc.
- The person should be creative and up to date with new business opportunities in terms of sales concepts and technologies for the company.
- This person needs to be an open and communicative person that communicates clearly and effectively in order to provide efficient communication with Brand Partners, Management, Region.
- This person must have leadership knowledge and skills to manage multiple direct reports.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Leading: A natural manager who takes responsibility for his/her own actions as well as the total team’s results
- Planning and organising: A structured operator and a good planner, who can successfully identify and organize relevant resources, and is a good time and people manager
- Cultural sensitivity: Someone who is alert to different moods or environments, tolerant and understanding of them, and is liked and accepted by a range of people
- Problem-solving: A quick and effective problem-solver, capable of handling complexity, an objective analyst who can also use intuition
- Communication skills: A person who can effectively communicate with others, someone who knows what type of communication will work for different types of target groups
- Analytical skills: Someone who is capable of identifying relevant KPIs, doing analysis and can take proper decisions and make plans based on that
- Teamwork: A good team worker who volunteers readily for team projects, who gets on well with others and puts the team’s interests before their own
- Multitasking: Self-organized in order to successfully manage several various tasks and assignments simultaneously and under strict deadlines as well as setting priorities. Easily to adapt to changing conditions and agile re-prioritization
- Negotiation skills: Ability to negotiate the use of resources, budgets, schedules, scope creep, and a variety of other compromises to reach an agreement (with internal and external stakeholders) and create a win-win atmosphere. Ability to independently negotiate optimal conditions for cooperation with external partners. Strong ability to persuade through figures and facts, influence and explore positions and alternatives to reach outcomes that will gain acceptance of all parties and meet our strategic objectives
- Project Management: Successfully plans manages and delivers projects. Strong ability to lead a project team, motivate (yourself and others), inspire and establish the direction of the project team and monitor project progress through successful execution. Understanding of project management framework (knowledge of concepts, methodologies, practices and vocabulary of the profession)
- Budget and Cost Control: Having cost Budgets of respective costs and close monitoring with actual expenses
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- University graduate in business, marketing, communications or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise sales and commercial experience from Direct Selling
- At least several years of experience within the international Direct Sales industry/FMCG, and preferably in cosmetics and wellness
- The user experience of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- At least several years of professional experience in managing people
- Analytical skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English