As a marketing executive, you'll need to:
- Create awareness of and develop the brand you're marketing
- Communicate with target audiences and build and develop customer relationships
- Help with marketing plans, advertising, direct marketing, and campaigns
- Support the marketing manager in delivering agreed activities
- Source advertising opportunities and place adverts where need be.
- Work closely with in-house or external creative agencies to design marketing materials such as brochures and adverts
- Write and proofread marketing copy for both online and print campaigns
- Produce creative content, including videos, blog posts, and on the company website
- Run social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn) to enhance audience engagement
- Organise and attend events such as conferences, seminars, receptions, and exhibitions
- Source and secure sponsorship
- Proficient in MS Office and marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics (e.g. WebTrends)
- Liaise with designers and printers and organise photoshoots
- Arrange the effective distribution of marketing materials
- Maintain and update customer databases
- Conduct market research, for example, using customer questionnaires and focus groups
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
With Experience, You will Need to:
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy.
- Evaluate and review marketing campaigns, advertising, and SEO to make sure the correct mediums are being used and campaigns are effective
- Track marketing performance and return on investment and prepare weekly or monthly reports for management
- Monitor and report on competitor activity
- Oversee and manage the marketing budget.
What to Expect:
- You will usually be office-based but will attend meetings with clients, partner organisations, and suppliers, as well as a range of events and exhibitions. You may be expected to socialize with stakeholders and clients to build and develop relationships.
- The work is often challenging and fast-paced as you'll need to meet tight deadlines, juggle various projects at the same time and work with external suppliers and creative agencies.
- You may need to travel or work abroad on the company's behalf.
- A Degree or HND in the following subjects may be particularly useful: Advertising, Business or Management Communications, IT or Computer Science, Marketing or Psychology.
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-facing skills.
- Commercial awareness and business acumen.
- The ability to think strategically.
- Copywriting and design skills in order to produce marketing materials for both print and online.
- An eye for detail.
- Analytical skills to evaluate marketing campaigns.
- Drive and self-motivation.
- A flexible approach to work.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Teamwork and the ability to foster good working relationships.
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Skills in IT and social media.
- Numeracy skills.
- Foreign language ability - (Added advantage).