- Research, develop and implement brand and communication strategy, standards, and practices that promote the behavior and recognition objectives of the company.
- Develop key messages and manage all corporate communication and media communication for MainOne, including marketing information to customers, employees, and other stakeholders.
- Lead agencies and internal team members where appropriate to execute communication activities - marketing materials, advertising, customer communications, direct mail, marketing campaigns, press releases, brochures, and content for trade publications, etc.
- Assist with copywriting and editing of promotional literature including brochures and company presentations, newsletters, direct marketing, and social network marketing projects, ensuring all marketing materials undergo brand review and adhere to strict brand messaging guidelines.
- Work closely with the website administrator to ensure messaging is consistent with overall marketing and communication objectives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure proper messaging of company beliefs and service offerings.
- Develop and manage repositories of company promotional material and ensure effective updates and version control in line with changing market requirements.
- Demonstrate understanding of telecoms marketing and company product knowledge.
- Contribute to the total effectiveness of the company’s messaging by communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas, and working as a positive, engaged team member.
- Develop ROI measurements to justify advertising and marketing spend. Ensure that all applicable KPIs are measured effectively and financial controls adhered to.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Events and Sponsorship:
- Develop briefs on both MainOne events and sponsored events for all key communication units and stakeholders with clear KPIs and deliverables for effective execution of events
- Plan and coordinate special events from conception to implementation including contracting relevant vendors if required.
- Maintain an annual event and guest list liaising with the Sales team.
- Research speaking opportunities/seminars for the company and arrange individual and panel opportunities.
- Manage and facilitate budget approval for events and corporate gifts
- Provide reports on event takeaways, leads generated, etc.
- Complete pre and post-event reports with recommendations for improvement to give a full evaluation of the sponsorship.
- Manage the end-end effective delivery from agencies and ensure flawless execution enhancing MainOne’s brand image and visibility to the right audience.
- Maintain a documented account of each sponsorship project in an organized manner and store it in a MainOne central repository.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications, or other relevant fields.
- Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification will be an advantage
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ work experience in a Marketing role
- Relationship Management
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Very good planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Very good understanding of telecommunications market
- Experience in strategic planning, marketing, and promotions.
- Time management and skills as well as the ability to work well under pressure
- Strong project management and delivery skills, with the ability to multi-task and effectively set priorities within tight deadlines
- Demands of the Job
- May be required to travel out of work location
- Ability and willingness to meet tight deadlines when required