Responsibilities and duties:
- Devise and assess procedures and methods for data collection, including opinion polls, surveys, and questionnaires.
- Collect and analyze data regarding customer preferences, demographics, buying habits and needs to better identify market potential and factors influencing product/service demand.
- Prepare reports on findings while illustrating data with graphs and translating complex results into written texts that are clear and concise.
- Gather information on competitors and conduct analysis on their sales, prices, and methods of distribution and marketing to thoroughly learn about the competition.
- Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies and customer opinions.
- Track and forecast trends in sales and marketing and analyze in detail the data collected to provide management with thorough reports and results.
- Develop strategies to improve market reach.
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising, marketing, and communications strategies.
- Work closely with sales and customer service teams to identify opportunities for new client acquisition.
Job Skills and qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, social sciences, marketing, or related field.
- 2+ years experience in marketing or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask well.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS or similar), databases, and MS Office.
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys, etc.)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Relevant Experience in the Telecommunication sector is an added advantage.